High ho….. High ho…. It’s off to…….. making some great attempts to make my menstrual cycle more comfortable and an overall more enjoyable experience.
I love learning new ways to make my life healthier and easier. I have become increasingly passionate about everyday comfort, investing in reusable products, and educating myself on what I put in and on my body. I am slowly transitioning to using reusable, natural products. That’s why I was so excited to be connected with HighOh.
HighOh is a brand started by two sisters who wanted to save money by creating their very own washable cloth pads. These cloth pads are made from a natural bamboo charcoal fiber with a waterproof layer to prevent leakage. The bamboo fiber is eco-friendly and free from harmful chemicals or fabrics.
These washable pads come in different sizes and can be offered as a period kit on High Oh’s Amazon Page (or by searching “HighOh Period Starter Kit” on Amazon) or at ilovehighoh.com. They are shaped as a normal pad and easily placed. They use buttons to fasten around underwear for comfort and ease.
Washing these products is relatively simply. I soaked mine in hot water and laundry detergent overnight before washing regularly in the laundry. One can air dry or put in the dryer.
HighOh is based in Singapore and ship outside of the country to partner stores to ensure that items arrive safely. HighOh recently advertised a charity event during which each purchase will donate one free washable cloth pad to a person in need who menstruates, which makes this the perfect time to check out!
Now, let’s get down to the details about these washable cloth pads.
- Incredibly Absorbent
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Button stays snapped during wear
- Period Kits come with a convenient waterproof bag
- Made from all natural materials
- This company advocates for a good mission and is charitable toward their cause
- Quick and caring delivery
- The stitching looks very well done
- Excellent customer service and quick replies from the business itself
- There is some slippage and moving around depending on your level of activity while using these washable pads, but I found that a little beauty tape was a wondering solution, as well as noting which underoos did a better job of keeping everything in place.
- Sometimes these ads seemed a little bulky. If you are smaller, or have a lighter flow, I might suggest a smaller sized pad.
To answer my heading questions: are these worth it? Yes! After searching for a reusable product to add to my menstrual routine (right now I just alternate between menstrual cups), I am happy that I have these awesome pads to add into the mix!